Our Client, a Top Ten name-brand Recordkeeper, partnered with Enterprise Iron to deliver recommendations for optimizing core process costs, customer quality, and utilization of resources and IT.
We compared their Retirement Division’s performance and delivery models to industry peers.
The industry comparison was conducted via a proprietary survey including industry peer identification, survey component definition, solicitation, and analysis of responses to include:
- Delivery model strategy
- Client Segmentation
- Platform capabilities
- Level of automation including STP channels
Business analysts conducted interviews, process observations, and reviewed existing SOPs to identify enhancements to efficiency, productivity, and compliance.
Our Team developed a proprietary survey and compared the Retirement Division’s current state platform vs. industry to assess client segmentation opportunities, channel mix availability, and the current level of automation for Straight-Through Processing (STP).
Deliverables consisted of a final written report of insights, opportunities, and recommendations to management including:
- Service delivery models inclusive of client segmentation
- Specific recommendations for contributions and distribution process effectiveness
- Technology platform opportunities including leveraging base Omni functionality
- Industry peer comparison including capabilities, automation/STP and delivery channels
RESULTS & CLIENT BENEFITS
Opportunities existed to improve operating performance through a variety of long-term strategic initiatives, and medium- and short-term people, program, and process enhancements.
Key components of Retirement Plan Services transformational agenda delivered as part of the assessment included:
- Industry Survey Results (Comparison of Retirement Division’s STP Product and Service Offer to its Industry Peers)
- STP Roadmaps (Sequenced development of functionality for Contributions and Distributions)
- Recommended Operating Efficiencies – total of 14 separate items for improved Contribution and Distribution processing
- A Business Process Management framework for improving overall operating performance
- Overall Recommendation Summary – opportunity vs. implementation matrix
- Conceptual Transformation Framework for go-forward opportunity prioritization