Our Client, a Top Ten name-brand Recordkeeper, engaged Enterprise Iron (EI) to take a high-level business strategy roadmap and make it actionable.
EI delivered recommendations for modernizing the core technologies used in back-end processes revolving around their vendor platform and retirement practice. Our Client was at the initial stage of a multi-year plan for modernization.
We leveraged our expertise and knowledge of the retirement industry to position our Client to remain as industry leaders and ensure they continue as leaders moving forward.
EI worked alongside the Client’s Technology and Business Teams to document the current environment and together, we shaped the future state. The results were the steps required to move them into a modern, industry-leading delivery model.
We compared their Retirement Division’s technology and delivery models to industry peers and evaluated available vendor products and modern architecture models.
The industry comparison included:
– Industry leading practices
– Available vendor products that meet the Clients’ needs
– Best practices for the vendor platform
– Automation Strategies
Our Subject Matter Experts conducted interviews, process observations, and reviewed existing SOPs to identify modernization opportunities which our Client was not aware.
The EI Team evaluated approximately 60 vendor products to determine which best fit the uniqueneeds of our Client.
We also compared our Client’s existing plans against what is available commercially and the technologies their competition is using in their back–end processing.
Deliverables consisted of a final written report including insights, opportunities, and our recommendations to management:
– Recommendations on Buy vs. Build
– Service delivery models inclusive of plan segmentation
– Specific recommendations for automating manual processes
– Blueprints for creating a shared knowledge center
– An industry peer review including a comparison of core capabilities
RESULTS & CLIENT BENEFITS
EI identified opportunities and provided our recommendations for improving the Client’s operating performance through a proposal of several long–term strategic initiatives as well as various program and process enhancements.
Key components of the Retirement Plan Services transformational agenda that were delivered as part of the Platform Modernization Roadmap included:
– A modernization strategy for all processes reviewed
– Strategic plans for moving to a modern architecture
– Industry comparisons and a best practices model
– Buy vs. Build: Vendor products that better align with their back–end processing needs
– Blueprints for automating cumbersome manual processes